We are looking for an experienced and self-motivated INTERNAL AUDITOR to join our team in a permanent full-time role.
About the Position
- The position would report directly to the business’ owners.
- A peculiar need for the business is that the position not only requires the skills of an experienced Internal Auditor, it also requires strong and up-to-date knowledge of the building and construction industry.
- The position would mitigate future risks, ensure business continuity and improve future operational function within a highly complex industry.
- The position would be tasked with minimizing risk exposure, ensuring business continuity, assist its owners with risk assessment, managing, planning, business development and expansion, organizing and streamlining of existing processes, the integration and implementation of new processes and procedures to reduce business risk and improve business operations.
Tasks & duties of Internal Auditor will include but not be limited to:
- Risk assessment/evaluation across the business.
- Risk management and minimization across the business.
- Evaluation of present and proposed operations.
- Evaluation of and assistance in present and future strategic and financial planning.
- Analysis of business processes, procedures and systems.
- Analysis of present and projected future human resources requirements.
- Analysis of present and future work health and safety requirements.
The position of Internal Auditor’s responsibilities will also include:
- Establishing audit objectives.
- Designing and implementing audit methodologies and processes.
- Determining audit report criteria.
- Providing ongoing reports and assessments.
- Making recommendations relating to business performance improvements.
- Providing appropriate regulatory advice to the business.
- The preparation of quarterly and annual Internal Audit reports.
- Where necessary responsibility for ensuring business and systems integration with business partners and suppliers of goods and services.
- Where necessary the integration of systems and appropriate compliance with clients of the business.
- Responsibility for appropriate compliance with relevant Internal Audit standards and regulatory requirements.
- Where necessary communication with External Auditors, professional bodies, etc.
- Where appropriate or necessary the preparation, presentation and communication of necessary information and documentation across the business in both English and Hungarian.
Experience & Qualifications (essentials):
- Tertiary qualifications in Finance/Business.Degree in Internal Audit.
- Previous Risk Management skills and proven track record.
- 5+ years of professional experience in Big 4 or large corporate environment.
- Experience in applying contemporary audit methodologies/techniques, and proven ability to conduct special audit projects/investigations using knowledge and experience in building and construction industry.
- Knowledge of current government policy and regulations relevant to building and construction industry.
- Demonstrated ability to interpret and apply relevant legislation, policy and procedures, especially WHS Act 2012.
- Sound understanding of the legislative framework, standards and best practice methodology that apply to internal audit and generic management issues including risk based audit methodologies.
- Membership of a professional organization such as Institute of Internal Auditors.
- Extensive experience in auditing financial and non-financial systems and processes, understanding and experience of professional auditing standards as prescribed by the Institute of Internal Auditors.
- Excellent Project Management skills and an ability to adapt.
- Strong data analysis skills.
- Thorough understanding of internal risks and controls.
- Professionalism and integrity, ability to conduct oneself with integrity and maintain ethical standards.
- Demonstrated experience in establishing and maintaining effective stakeholders relationships.
- Ability to work with senior management and maintain independence and objectivity.
- Demonstrates enthusiasm, drive, efficiency and effective time management to meet engagement quality, deadlines and manage prioritization of competing demands.
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal, to influence the behavior of all levels of the organization.
- Strong analytical skills with good interpersonal skills. Ability to relate to people, influencing and driving complex situations and projects to the desired outcome.
- Demonstrated ability to employ critical thinking and appropriate audit methodologies, including the use of appropriate tools and techniques for data gathering, analysis and reporting.
- Highly organised with impeccable attention to detail, as well as keeping the “big picture” in mind.
- Current unencumbered driver’s license valid for use within NSW is essential.
- NSW White Card.
- While the owners of the business are Australian citizens their heritage is partly from Hungary. As a result the business now employs many Hungarian speaking staff. It is therefore the newly appointed Internal Auditor should communicating sometimes in both designated languages to ensure that the owners and all employees are able to fully understand and act in a timely and appropriate manner on the Internal Auditor’s advice and recommendations. The Internal Auditor should be able to translate, prepare and present relevant documentation and communicate relevant general and specific/technical concerns, ideas and concepts to all employees and the owners of the business in both English and Hungarian. In this reason the Hungarian language knowledge is not essential but big advantage for this role.